Sunday, November 10, 2013

A Most Wonderful Time

For those of you who don't like filler posts, maybe just skip to the bottom where I'll have an update on what's to come. Everything from here is wind up. 

Start skipping


So usually, my favorite time of year is from the week before Thanksgiving, through to New Years. This is because of a few things: 
  1. I feel like it's the only time it's okay to hear Christmas carols on the radio 
  2. the weather in SoCal is cold enough for layering and the weather in NorCal gets gray and/or rainy. 
  3. I get to buy/make things for people.
  4. I get to spend a lot of time at home
  5. Starbucks Red Cup season. I just like the cups.
  6. Increased parties/excuses to have parties... the nice kind.
I feel like that's enough reasons, right?

Anyway, for some reason, the feeling's come early this year so I'm starting some holiday planning early as well. You know, before finals really kick in.

From Christmastime last year. My first Christmas tree ( Before you get sad, you should know: I'm jewish)


Unfortunately, due to school and just difficult scheduling, I won't be able to participate in Dickens Fair this year.  For those of you who don't know what Dickens Fair is, it's like Renaissance Faire, but in Victorian London and there are book characters from the works of Charles Dickens running around. It's REALLY fucking awesome.

Click it. Cliiiiiiick iiiiit.


I play the cheapest kind of whore. Not even joking.
credit: Richard Lowe Jr



Stop skipping/The point


So what can you expect to see here, now that we're in my favorite time of year? (seriously, hold me to this because studies have shown just announcing stuff like this gives us the positive feedback we need to keep us from needing to fulfill things we've planned, like new years resolutions.)

  • A holiday dress project
  • some diy holiday present ideas. For those of us who like to pretend that making things is cheaper than buying them.
  • Happy ______ posts for assorted holidays
  • An announcement of Serenata's winter CD and release party
  • The return of the Holiday Wishlist Project (I'll explain when it happens)
  • MAYBE a victorian corset project.
  • A post about a fail.
So stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment